Recovery of Evolution mails and settings

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 23:51:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 09:20 +0200, Antonio.montagnani at alice.it wrote:
> I made a full copy of a F16 users directory.
>
> I made a fresh installation of
> F17...now I want to transfer settings and mail to the new computer.
>
> I copied .
> config/evolution and .local/share/evolution.
>
> It still starts asking for setup
> of a new account.
>
> Where is my mistake???

Your mistake was not saving the save the evolution settings under the
file menuj before you upgrade your distribution. Transfer the saved file
somewhere and then when you go to the new evolution it will ask you if
you want restore the evolution from a file and you do that from the file
you saved.

Any given program will expand to fill available memory.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net