Please stop apps going into state D uninterrupted sleep !!

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:45:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, 08 May 2012 18:58:18 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> This is not to say that it couldn't be any other
> way, but actually changing it would mean quite a radical redesign.

I don't know. The suggestion earlier in this thread to
allow kill -9 to make the process go away while leaving
some tiny stub to cleanup after it when the wait
finally does finish seemed perfectly reasonable to
me, and not all that radical. After all, the kill -9
is going to get queued up anyway and take the process
out as soon as it does stop waiting, so whatever
the application is doing is already doomed why make
the whole process and all of its resources hang around?