failures in boot.log

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri May 11 08:55:01 UTC 2012

On 05/11/2012 03:45 PM, JD wrote:
> FC16:
> 3 failures in boot.log, for which I ran the status query:
>
> # systemctl status tcsd.service
> tcsd.service - LSB: Init script for TCSD
>       Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/tcsd)
>       Active: failed since Fri, 11 May 2012 01:29:24 -0600; 6min ago
>      Process: 961 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/tcsd start (code=exited, status=137)
>       CGroup: name=systemd:/system/tcsd.service

If you don't have a TPM installed then the startup of tcsd will fail.  What TPM do
you have?
If you don't have a TPM then you should either "yum erase trousers" or "systemctl
disable  tcsd.service"

You also could "/usr/sbin/tcsd -f" for more information as to why the daemon didn't
start.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage