volume levels

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:24:28 UTC 2012

On 10 May 2012 22:37, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 03:53 PM, patrick korsnick wrote:
>> On the Desktop (Gnome) spin the volume control allows setting values
>> higher than 100%. The KDE and Xfce spins don't allow this. I have a
>> laptop that is very hard to hear audio on unless using the Gnome spin
>> and having the vol cranked up to 150% or so. But I haven't really been
>> able to get comfortable with G3, so my question is has anyone figured
>> out how to get this overboosted volume on another DE spin?
>>

> OK, I had to be the first to say it.  Gnome 3 is better because the
> volume goes to 11.

Or 15.

But for the OP, couldn't you just make 11 louder? Actually, it's a
serious question, because it might be that your card's mixer isn't
correctly handled in ALSA (I had this problem with early Pulseaudio).
Might be worth getting onto the alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net list
and asking about it.

--
imalone