F16 Default Plytouth Theme?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat May 12 01:36:21 UTC 2012

Michael Schwendt writes:

> # plymouth-set-default-theme --list
> charge
> details
> text

charge is the default theme, for anyone who cares.

Except, apparently, if you choose to foist upon yourself Nvidia's binary
blob, which appears not to like plymouth, very much, so you get text as the
default theme until the blob wakes up and takes over X. At least that was
the story with a laptop sent me by a well-known vendor of preloaded Linux
systems. It took me all of 20 minutes before I finally got fed up with the
horrible mess of an F16 I got, and decided not to waste any more time
figuring out why network setup kept whining that the wireless network
configuration is "incompatible" or something, and refused to touch it.

Clean reinstall, nouveau, FTW.