totem hangs on startup

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sat May 12 03:19:17 UTC 2012

On 5/11/2012 8:13 AM, Martín Marqués wrote:
> I just finished upgrading from F15->F16 and I noticed that when ever I
> start totem y hangs (a video hang) immediately.
>
> For example, if I start it with a video (avi for example) all the
> window hangs but the audio gets played OK. Same video works OK on
> another F16 I have on my desktop computer (exact same version of
> totem).
>
> If I start totem without a video, I can't access the menu, as it is
> too hanged. Can't close it either. I have to kill the window.
>
> Already tried removing conf files (.gconf/, .gnome2/, etc.).
>
> Any thoughts?

Martín:

For what it is worth, I migrated from F14 to F16 under Xfce and had
problems with Totem. Advice from this list was switch to smplayer and/or
vlc. I'm quite happy with the advice I got. Any and all bugs I have with
Totem never got addressed, let alone commented on ... including F14
under Gnome.

Paul