failures in boot.log

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 12 06:59:20 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012 02:53 PM, JD wrote:
> I ran rpm -qa | grep -i tpm and got nothing.
>
> # /usr/sbin/tcsd -f
> TCSD TDDL ERROR: Could not find a device to open!
>
> The kernel I am running is the vanilla fedora 16 release kernel-3.3.4-3.fc16.i686.
> So, I turned tcsd  off.
> Is this service enabled by default even though the machine has no tpm device?
>
> Thanx for the heads up.

Well, if you install the trousers package that service is installed and defaults to
on.  Since you don't have any TPM hardware there is no need to have it installed.
I've never have seen it installed by default on any of my systems.

So....it isn't needed.  While is doesn't hard anything....you may want to remove it
just to have one less unnecessary app installed.

The same goes for uuidd.

I don't know if you use akmods....but if you use that for your nvidia driver updates
from rpmfusion...you may need/want it.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage