audio notification from system

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 12 07:28:20 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012 02:29 PM, JD wrote:
> FC16.
> What is the daemon that plays a sound, seemingly
> at random, and it sounds like a rattle ?
>
> I have heard this while running previous versions of fedora.

I'm fairly sure it is DE dependent.  One can make KDE quite noisy by going to "System
Settings-->Common appearance and Behavior-->Application and System Notifications".
Applications such as T-Bird have their own settings....  My cat managed to enable
that, in the middle of the night, and it took a while to track down the "random beeps".

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage