The death of Hibernate?

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Thu May 17 20:54:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:44:42PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.05.2012 22:37, schrieb Darryl L. Pierce:
> >> currently 25 seconds including a lot of services
> >> not used on a typical end-user machine
> >
> > Not so quickly for me. Granted my swap and home partitions are
> > encrypted, but the password entry is hard a second or two during the
> > boot process.
>
> you did read the "a lot of services"?
> disable them and you are around 8-10 seconds on F16

Then that's not a usable system is it? I'm not talking about the base
boot speed but the boot speed with everything running. I have none of the
ones you list below running on my system exception httpd and my boot
time is 10s of seconds, as I said before.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/