Fedora 16 rhythmbox keeps freezing

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue May 22 13:13:21 UTC 2012

    Since upgrading to F16 from F14, both my wife and I have found rhythmbox
freezing after 3 or so songs, and it needs to be force-killed.

   Any thoughts?

   What may be relevant is that I have seen (at least for me, not
necessarily my wife) a spew of the following sort of error logged in
messages (once every few seconds):

pulseaudio[9075]: protocol-native.c: Denied access to client with
invalid authorization data.

   .. which I can only stop by killing the referenced process.  I don't know
what kicks it off, I can go for days without it (w.g, listening to streaming
radio via Firefox).  it's only rhythmbox that seems to have a big issue.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature