HP Laserjet P1006 - no errors, no output

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 26 04:53:34 UTC 2012

On 05/26/2012 12:32 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Just for giggles, I ran hp-setup. It told me that I needed some firmware, then
> proceeded and downloaded it, without disclosing any more details, and that made the
> printer wake up, and make itself useful. Splendid.

Good, your printer is working...

> Now, if hp-setup could only tell me what it downloaded, and where it dumped
> whatever it loaded on the filesystem…

Hey, it is proprietary so why should they tell you?  :-)

But, if you go to /usr/share/hplip and find all the files that have a date of "today"
you'll probably find all the pieces.  One of the pieces should be
/usr/share/hplip/data/plugins/license.txt.

And much of the other files are in /usr/share/hplip/data/firmware

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage