3G Key

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Tue May 29 10:14:40 UTC 2012

On 05/28/2012 02:31 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> When I plug it on another computer, it is also recognize (I can tell
> from lsusb) and I never have the option to give the Pin number.
> How can I load the interface to give the PIN number?

Do you have usb-modeswitch installed?
It's supposed to switch the key from usb-storage to the "modem mode"
after plugging it.

I dont have the key with me to confirm.

But, when I was running Debian, I used http://goo.gl/G9OlY to connect
with such a key. In the screenshot you can see a field for the PIN in
network Manager. If you dont run NEtwork Manager but wvdial instead, you
have an option in "wvdial.conf" to set the PIN.

--
RMA.