Built in SD card reader problem

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 29 15:15:52 UTC 2012

>> Device 002: ID 0644:0200 TEAC Corp. All-In-One Multi-Card Reader
>> CA200/B/S Bus 006 Device 002: ID 413c:2003 Dell Computer Corp.
>>
>> So there it is!
>>
>> So the next question is why won't it work? (or what do I need to do
>> to get it to work?)
>
> You could use udevadm's monitor feature to watch for events when
> inserting/removing cards.
>
> The usb-storage module should bind to the storage functions on the
> card so it's also worth making sure that that's loaded (and figuring
> out why it's not if that is the case).

Thanks Bryn,

I have never used udevadm before. If I have read the man page correctly,
all I need to do is to initiate "udevadm monitor" and then plug in the
card, is that right?

I will have to do that when I get home this evening. I am SSH'd into the
box at the moment, but it's a bit difficult to put a card in a slot from
35 miles away!

In the meantime is there anything else I can check from a SSH connection -
drivers / modules etc?

Thanks again!

Mark