What happened to /media ??

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue May 29 19:04:42 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Brian Millett <bmillett at gmail.com> said:
> Ok, so I didn't read about the removable media mount point being changed to
>
> /run/media/<USERID>/device
>
> Would have been nice to have that as a gotcha.

It is in the release notes:

  3.1.4. Removable media changes mount points
  Removable media mounted in the user's session, such as hot-plugged USB
  drives, will be mounted in a user-specific directory. Mount points are
  provisioned in /run/media/$USER/ with permissions allowing $USER
  exclusive access.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>