ssh-agent no longer started with 3.3 kernels (F16/17)?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue May 29 22:27:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:04:06 -0600 Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com>
wrote:

> On 05/29/2012 03:00 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> >>
> >> $ ssh-add
> >>
> >> Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

> Just a note to say that as far as I can tell, it works fine on a fresh
> F17, kernel 3.3.7-1.fc17.x86_64.

Thanks! But not on the F17 LXDE spin. In fact, if we just try the spin
(without even installing), we get the above error. (On the original F16
spin, the prompt just comes back which makes sense.) Since this is
caused in this example even before I install, there is some problem
somewhere. Perhaps in the LXDE spin.

Ranjan