I do think the world is coming to a end

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 31 03:01:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 22:03 +0100, Piscium wrote:
> Although the article says that "calls do not pass through supernodes"
> one wonders if that is really true,

The article is conflicting, in that regard.

On the one hand, it says calls do not pass through it (it just organises
the two parties to connect to each other).  And, on the other hand, it
talks about not exposing the calling party's IPs, which is an impossible
thing to do for peer-to-peer.  The only way to hide the IPs is to have
at least one proxy in the middle, where the entire call passes through.

But for what it's worth, as far as calls going through some place like
Microsoft, I, for one, would prefer that phone calls pass through
companies which can be held up to the law, rather than random people on
the internet, who could, probably, have far more nefarious desires about
handling the data.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686