F17 upgrade dirty disc dialog

Mark Haney markh at abemblem.com
Thu May 31 11:57:44 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 01:34 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Stupid idea, but check the BIOS clock time. This bit me where it kept
> complaining that the filesystem was corrupt when in fact, the dates
> on several files were in the "future" and fsck wasn't happy.
>
> Make sure the BIOS clock is correct and that your timezone is set
> correctly.

I doubled checked it and it's set correctly.  I suppose I could try to
scoot the time up a minute or two, but I'm not sure it'll work.

I did manage to get DMESG up when I got that dialog and I was seeing
entries like 'Volume mounted without journal' and then an SELinux
message.  I did see some SELinux messages related to the HDD, but they
look rather innocuous.  At this point, it's time for a bug report, I think.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant
markh at abemblem.com
Linux marius.homelinux 3.3.7-1.fc16.x86_64 GNU/Linux