GNOME3 and Modifying command-line arguments

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:57:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 12:24:42PM +0700, Khemara Lyn wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Normally, I could go "Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal" and
> the app "gnome-terminal" would start and po up a new terminal window
> with a command prompt.
>
> The default terminal size is not optimal for me and i would like to
> adjust it a bit. With previous version (GNOME2), I could just do a
> right-click on the icon and edit "terminal command" to something
> like this:
>
> "gnome-terminal -geometry 100x35"
>
> But now in GNOME3, I can't find out how to do it any more?
>
> When we browse the program/app menu, we see their icons. When we
> click an icon, the corresponding app will run (with default command
> set by GNOME). How can we modify the command or its arguments from
> the default (as in the example above for gnome-terminal)?
>
> Any help please?

You don't need gconf-editor or any other special functions.

Open Terminal.  Right click in the terminal screen and choose
Profiles, Preferences.  Then you can switch a number of options such
as the default size, font, etc., and you can either use these as the
default profile, or you can make additional profiles for different
kinds of terminals.