How to apply updates to a system with no Internet access?

Peter Butler PButler at pt.com
Thu May 31 15:48:14 UTC 2012

Jens, RIchard

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

Is there any way to download all the required updates (on a machine that
has Internet access, obviously) and save these downloads for the creation
of the local repository you speak of?  Let me clarify.  The target system
(with no Internet access) is in a customer site.  The development system,
which essentially 'mirrors' the target installation, is in our own lab and
*does* have Internet access.  So for us to update our (development) system
is straightforward, and this system automatically 'knows' which updates to
download as part of FC16's package update software.  Since this system
mirrors the target one, what would be ideal is for it to not just
automatically install the updates, but merely download them as a first
step - such that they can then be copied to a local repository that I will
create.  Then I can use this repository to update the development system
as well as the target system.  In other words, if the development system
can be used to automatically download but *not* install the updates, it
saves me the trouble of having to 'manually' determine which updates are
required for the systems.