How to install OpenJDK6 on F17

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu May 31 16:55:03 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,
> I tried installing OpenJDK6 packages from F16 but yum complains they are
> obsoleted by OpenJDK7. I also tried downloading IcedTea6 sources and
> compiling, but they stop with an "internal compiler error".
> That should work.  I'd like to know more.  It indicates a pretty major
> gcc bug.
>
> Andrew.

Using icedtea6-1.11.2 sources. Run ./configure without any options,
installed libs as it complained, and installed gcj for use as the
bootstrap (or starter?) jdk. Then make.

I everything run a seccond time to get the error messages but now it
worked. But I did a yum update beteen two tries.

[]s, Fernando Lozano