home made (F17) systemd script not working F14

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 15:43:08 UTC 2012

The following file is the one I created for my F 17 test bed system which
worked fine.

I've not put it onto my production F 14 system but it won't start.
Enable worked but the service didn't run on restart

I have no knowledge of systemd so I'm struggling here.

[root at lou system]# systemctl start faxgetty-ttyS0.service
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to
socket /org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused
[root at lou system]# cat faxgetty-ttyS0.service
[Unit]
Description=FaxGetty Start Modem ttyS0

[Service]
Type=simple
User=root
Group=root
Restart=always
ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/ttyS0
RestartSec=30

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[root at lou system]#