Change default stacksize

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Nov 1 16:29:12 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 06:10 AM, Lester M. Petrie Jr. issued this missive:
> The default stacksize on my machine (Fedora 17, KDE) is apparently 8Mb.
> I think that ridiculous. A long time ago I knew how to change it, but I
> have forgotten what I knew, and it probably wouldn't work now anyway. So
> how do I set the default stacksize (what a user gets if they don't
> specify anything)? Thanks.

Uhm, add a /etc/security/limits.d/s80-stack.conf file and put in

	*	hard	stack	32768
	*	soft	stack	16384

and reboot?
-  Tempt not the dragons of fate, since thou art crunchy and taste   -
-                         good with ketchup.                         -