Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 07:55:16 UTC 2012

On 2 November 2012 03:46, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 07:44 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
>> That's actually my point. If they're in the middle of a re-write then
>> yes there are going to be bugs and they probably know what they are.
>
> That's just not a valid assumption to make.

If the developers aren't testing the stuff as they write it then I'm
rather surprised. And you've trimmed the bit where we were talking
about Anaconda. Quick testing is going to be an install in a VM,
quality testing is an actual install on real hardware on a variety of
setups, including upgrades. How many people do you need doing the same
install on the same VM to know whether it works or not? How many
people are really in a position to try an alpha installer on their
actual system? So I assume (maybe it's not valid or maybe it's a good
approximation) that code while in a state of churn is not worth
extensive manual testing because it will change anyway.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk