Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Fri Nov 2 09:44:09 UTC 2012

On 01.11.2012 04:55, Junayeed Ahnaf wrote:

> Distro like Ubuntu and Suse almost never fails there shipping date,
> what do you think about Fedora's consecutive delays? Doesn't it hurt
> it's adoption rate to end users?

End user doesn't care about release date or number. End user need
stability and predictability. There is no problem with yet another delay
in release date of Fedora 18. The problem is that new Anaconda is the
worst installer I've ever seen since 15 years of my Linux experience
(Windows installers are better!). It's not acceptable that core part of
distribution, first piece of software that users of Linux distro "touch"
is unusable in BETA version (not to mention that in alpha it destroyed
all user's data not by accident or bug - but by developers design). New
Anaconda should have been ready months before beta release. Currently
new Anaconda is ready in ... 70%, 80%? WTF?

Mateusz Marzantowicz