Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Fri Nov 2 17:56:01 UTC 2012

On 02.11.2012 18:08, Tim wrote:
> I think the Fedora project needs to have a good think about what
> they're doing. If they want it to be a geek thing, like it's been so
> far, that's all well and good, but don't pursue conflicting goals (as
> it seems to be going, now). If they want it to be for non-geek users,
> then they seriously need to reconsider the way-too-short lifespan of
> the releases.

There are two different things that you've mixed, I think
unintentionally. Targeting Linux distribution at advanced users doesn't
mean it lacks basic functionality or stability. Advanced users need
advanced tools which are powerful and stable, so explaining e.g. that
anaconda wipes data from disk (in alpha, beta or what ever version) as
"advanced" behavior is very wrong.

Mateusz Marzantowicz