Anyone doing UPNP on Fedora ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 3 05:45:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 16:06 -0600, Steve wrote:
> Isn't there a way to tell a firewall to allow dynamic port
> allocation ?

If you have a firewall with a UPNP option selectable in it, as some home
modem/routers do, then that does the trick.  Of course, allowing just
anything through, and for it to be programmable from outside of the
firewall, more-or-less defeats the purpose of having a firewall.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to do that sort of thing, you
may as well drop your firewall rules inside the LAN, completely.  Either
way, you want to ensure that rules about external traffic are robust.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.2.0-32-powerpc64-smp #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 23:20:22 UTC 2012 ppc64

public lists.