html/css display on fedora is different than from other os ( windows, ...)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 3 05:54:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-02 at 20:03 +0000, mike lan wrote:

> i give one example of a site made in drupal :
> drupalfr.org
>
> notice the fields login and password on the left side bar

What I notice is that the text fits in the field boxes, heightwise, at
least, but the boxes extend past the border of the column, and over the
top of the text in the middle of the page.

The author has made an assumption about the size of the text on the
screen, that doesn't hold true.  Most likely, they have a tiny font and
a huge screen, and the whole thing looks nice for them.

The www.jaycar.com.au website does text gadget failures, for me.  They
had text fields with absolute fixed sizes, and my text was taller than
would fit in the box.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.2.0-32-powerpc64-smp #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 23:20:22 UTC 2012 ppc64

public lists.