focus stuck to one window

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Nov 5 00:33:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:24:56 -0500 Sam Varshavchik
<mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:

> Joe Zeff writes:
>
> > On 11/04/2012 03:06 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> >>

> >> Execute 'init 4' to kill X. Then, you may need to press CTRL-ALT-F1, or
> >> some other CTRL-ALT-Fx to go back to the console, log in, if necessary,
> >> and execute 'init 5' to restart X.
> >
> > Init 4?  Shouldn't that be 3?
>
> Not necessarily. init 4 will work just fine.

I have had this happen once in a long while. I end up killing the
window in focus (ctrl-d) and it seems to go back to normal after that.

Is this not a possibility?

Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional