disabling graphical boot and shutdown in Fedora 17

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:03:36 UTC 2012

On 11/05/12 08:45, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 10:17 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 08:05:02 -0600,
>>   Kevin Martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wouldn't "systemctl disable graphical.target" and "systemctl enable multi-user.target" do the same thing?
>>
>> I do not believe so. Because the default target gets run and it is going to use the config it is linked to. Enable and disable apply to services. Targets are typically triggered by something else. One of the systemd experts may have more detailed comments.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd#How_do_I_change_the_default_runlevel.3F

Thanks for the link Ed.

I'm thinking it's dumb that one can *switch* to a runlevel using systemctl but can't *set the default runlevel* using systemctl
enable/disable.  It's just creating links to known files....seems like if systemd is going to be used instead of the old, tried, and
true init.d/inittab setup then systemctl should be able to manage everything that needs to be done in systemd.  Having to know that
one has to manually change links to set this up is, IMO, dumb (BTW, none of this is aimed at you Ed, just a rant on my part. :)  ).

Kevin