F17 : installin vmware-workstation 8.0.4 takes forever with 100% cpu

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 3 15:13:58 UTC 2012

Am 03.11.2012 15:52, schrieb Paul Smith:
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM, mike lan <lan.mike88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm installin vmware-workstation 8.0.4 on F17 in a dell latitude laptop and
>> it takes forever with 100% of cpu .
>>
>> though I had no problem installin it on another pc HP
>
> Give a try to VirtualBox; it has worked for me like a charm for several years

but if you get somewhere in time in the position have a vSphere/ESXi
environment you will prefer VMware because the images are running
untouched on bare metal / windows / linux / macosx

for linux guests this si no problem

but winxp mostly does not survive the change of virtual hardware
ending up in a bluescreen / reboot loop