new NetworkManager dependencies?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Nov 5 17:56:42 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 09:29 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I think I've fixed it though: I now have this added to my
> "big hammer" yum update hooks:

Isn't this more or less how Eric Raymond broke his system before he
publicly stormed away from using Fedora?  He forcefully removed a
package that others depended on, and then the system quit working.

Could we all just agree to not offer that kind of thing as advice?
Removing dependencies is an awful habit that's going to cause things to
break.  It's less work to simply disable NetworkManager, and less likely
to cause a dependent package to fail.