new NetworkManager dependencies?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Nov 5 19:51:33 UTC 2012

On 11/05/2012 11:27 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> This dependency wasn't added by rpmbuild noticing that a library
> was used, this dependency was force fed to the package to make
> it depend on NM despite the fact that there is no hard wired
> dependency. I was able to uninstall NM until these artificial
> dependencies were introduced.

Which dependency is "this?"

for x in control-center gnome-bluetooth gnome-shell orca ; do (rpm -ql
$x | xargs ldd | grep libnm) 2>/dev/null ; done

Of those, orca and gnome-bluetooth depend on a working control-center.
There is no feature of rpm that allows a package to allow a dependency
to be partially broken.  Control center's dependency isn't artificial,
so I'm not sure what you're referring to.  It is definitely linked to
NetworkManager's libraries, and the dependency will be added by rpmbuild.