Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 5 20:57:18 UTC 2012

Am 05.11.2012 21:38, schrieb Bill Davidsen:
> If it were a new version of something else, wouldn't it just be pushed off to the next release? Other things have
> been put off, sometimes amid great outcry from those wanting the latest. Why is anaconda being forced in now, when
> it will undoubtedly still have warts when it is declared "working" and would benefit from a delay to fc19.

this is ecactly my main criticism in releses past F14

features with a large impact are approved way too soon
in the hope they will become ready until release date
and included all over the distribution in a way that
it is impossible to delay them to the next release

IMHO the largest benefit of opensource instead marketing
driven commercial products is that there is no reason for
more or less carfeul chnages with large impact

especially in a distribution with a release every
6 months - hey if something is not ready it would
take only few months to get it out if it would be
delayed to the next release

IMHO "featres" should be approved and included only if
they are in a more or less ready state and not in a
"sometimes in the future state"

delay them would make the whole delevopment / QA for many
people much easier if you keep in mind that impact on many
other peackages means work and testing for a large account
of maintainers / contributors and it is hardly possible to
have a good QA if integration starts very late in the release
cycle because the pieces are not ready for it