Powerline HomePlug under Fedora, anyone?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Nov 6 12:56:52 UTC 2012

I have a TP-Link PA-211 kit with two adaptors to link my laptop
to a CentOS-6.3 server, or rather the Linksys router attached to the server.

According to TP-Link this setup works, or should work, with Linux.

It works fine for me if I run Windows XP on the laptop,
but under Fedora-17 there is no link (eg as reported by ethtool).
The mini-CD user manual that comes with the kit
says it runs under Linux,
but all the software included is for Windows.

Is anyone using Powerline HomePlugs under Linux?
If so, what is the secret?