Powerline HomePlug under Fedora, anyone?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Nov 6 15:05:51 UTC 2012

Zoltan Hoppar wrote:

> http://vxlabs.com/2011/03/02/dont-buy-homeplug-adapters/
> https://neon1.net/prog/plconfig.html

Thanks for your response.
As far as I could see, everyone in the first link was running Windows.
As I said, I'm perfectly happy with the Windows performance,
even with one HomePlug joined to a Linksys router
attached to a CentOS server.

I tried compiling the program in the second link.
I wasn't too hopeful, since it dates from 2004,
but it did actually compile under Fedora-17, though with several warnings,
all I think concerned with string functions, eg strncopy.

However, when I ran "sudo ./plconfig eth0" it just hung.

I'll look again at this, but as I said I'm not too hopeful.
I'm quite surprised, as I would have thought quite a few Linux people
were using Powerline HomePlugs.