KMail trash folder?

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:39:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Tim wrote:

> There is the possibility that they don't use a trash folder.  The
> deleted mail staying in the same place that it was, to start off with,
> simply flagged as deleted, and will actually be deleted on exit, or upon
> a manual purge, or once a week, and probably hidden from view in the
> meantime.  Look for a hide deleted messages type of option in the menus.

If such an option exists, I can't find it.

I think that it is time for me to give up on KMail. I actually had a
handful of issues, and I thought I would deal with them one at a time. It
seemed to me that Where Does the Trash Go was the simplest issue and I
would be quickly pointed to the place or the option or shown how I was
thinking about it all wrong. But nobody seems to know. If we can't get past
this then the other problems are going to be insurmountable.

This is not an encouraging first bump on the road in my switch to KDE.

Thanks all for the help so far.