How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?

Jerome Yanga jerome.yanga at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:24:01 UTC 2012

Here are the files you have requested.

$ cat /etc/exports
/data   *(rw,sync,anonuid=1000000,anongid=1000000)

NOTE:  I did not touch /etc/sysconfig/nfs.
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/nfs
#
# Optinal options passed to rquotad
RPCRQUOTADOPTS=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to in-kernel lockd
#LOCKDARG=
# TCP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
#LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
# UDP port rpc.lockd should listen on.
#LOCKD_UDPPORT=32769
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.nfsd. See rpc.nfsd(8)
RPCNFSDARGS=""
# Number of nfs server processes to be started.
# The default is 8.
RPCNFSDCOUNT=8
# Set V4 grace period in seconds
#NFSD_V4_GRACE=90
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.mountd. See rpc.mountd(8)
RPCMOUNTDOPTS=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.statd. See rpc.statd(8)
STATDARG=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.idmapd. See rpc.idmapd(8)
RPCIDMAPDARGS=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.gssd. See rpc.gssd(8)
RPCGSSDARGS=""
#
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.svcgssd. See rpc.svcgssd(8)
RPCSVCGSSDARGS=""
#
# To enable RDMA support on the server by setting this to
# the port the server should listen on
#RDMA_PORT=20049
#
# Optional arguments passed to blkmapd. See blkmapd(8)
BLKMAPDARGS=""

regards,