Strange panic with latest kernels and/or updates

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:06:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> Yum can get a 3.6.6 update from:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/**koji/buildinfo?buildID=364595<http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=364595>

I meant that I had no packages in yum update queue, so my system was full
updated and all packages with released fixes applied.

BTW: in old days you could put /forcefsck file and next reboot force a file
system check. This was parsed by rc.sysinit that I see there is not anymore
in F17. Found nothing related to this neither in /etc/rc.d nor in
/etc/systemd.
Ho can one force a full fsck if in my case has 4-5 lock down in short times
(I saw in the past for example when faulting dimms, that strange things
could happen until a full fsck...)

Gianluca