vlc has no GUI

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:41:34 UTC 2012

On 7 November 2012 15:04, Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 7 November 2012 18:11, lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>> Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> writes:

>>> Nobody should be advised to install third party software without
>>> warnings that it can be harmful and leads to dreadful things.
>>
>> "yum install vlc" fixed it, thank you!  I thought I had already done that
>>
>> What's the alternative to installing 3rd party software?  Get its
>> sources and compile and install it ourselves?  I wouldn't mind doing
>> that if I knew how to make packages so that it's easier to keep track of
>> it ...
>>

> Personally I don't use third party software at all. I.e. no flash and
> other media on my system. Such ascetic life is hard for untrained
> persone.

Personally I only use software I wrote myself. I'm writing this email
on a computer built around a home-made CPU programmed by hand in
binary.

No not really. RPMFusion isn't some random collection of binaries
pulled of the net. You may chose to avoid it for idealistic or legal
reasons, but FUD isn't a particularly good one. Not entirely sure what
an untrained person is in this context either. You want to do without
flash, that's fine, it doesn't take any training, except possibly in
putting up with not having flash.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk