vlc has no GUI

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 8 09:20:38 UTC 2012

lee:
>>> What's the alternative to installing 3rd party software?  Get its
>>> sources and compile and install it ourselves?  I wouldn't mind doing
>>> that if I knew how to make packages so that it's easier to keep
>>> track of it ...

Carroll Grigsby:
>> Take a look here:
>> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f17.html

Michael Hiller:
> Setting up sudo? Why?

Sudo was one thing on that page, but I took it as an answer about
getting a prebuilt version of VLC that wasn't available in the official
Fedora repo, rather than having to compile it from source.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.5-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 31 19:37:18 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.