How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Thu Nov 8 19:43:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:57:22 -0800 Jerome Yanga wrote:
> How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may
> access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?
>
> /etc/defaults/nfs does not seem to exist anymore.  :(
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    was never used in Fedora

On my server /etc/sysconfig/nfs starts with

# Define which protocol versions mountd
# will advertise. The values are "no" or "yes"
# with yes being the default
#MOUNTD_NFS_V2="no"
#MOUNTD_NFS_V3="no"
MOUNTD_NFS_V3="yes"
 ..
# Optional arguments passed to rpc.nfsd. See rpc.nfsd(8)
# Turn off v2 and v3 protocol support
#RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 3"
# RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2"
# Turn off v4 protocol support