How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?

Frank Elsner frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE
Fri Nov 9 20:37:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:09:48 -0500 Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Frank Elsner wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:57:22 -0800 Jerome Yanga wrote:
> >> How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may
> >> access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?
> >>
> >> /etc/defaults/nfs does not seem to exist anymore.  :(
> >    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >                      was never used in Fedora
> >
> > On my server /etc/sysconfig/nfs starts with
> >
> > # Define which protocol versions mountd
> > # will advertise. The values are "no" or "yes"
> > # with yes being the default
> > #MOUNTD_NFS_V2="no"
> > #MOUNTD_NFS_V3="no"
> > MOUNTD_NFS_V3="yes"
> >   ..
> > # Optional arguments passed to rpc.nfsd. See rpc.nfsd(8)
> > # Turn off v2 and v3 protocol support
> > #RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 3"
> > # RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2"
> > # Turn off v4 protocol support
> > #RPCNFSDARGS="-N 4"
> > RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 4"
> >
> > HTH, Frank
> >
> What release is that? I don't see that on fc16 or RHEL6. (or fc17, for that matter).

This if from Fedora 14 (my server) and it also exists on Fedora 17 (not used because it is
a client). You may also want to look at /etc/nfsmount.conf on your client.

--Frank