System fonts are all messed up ????

Steve linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:11:37 UTC 2012

F16 install, KDE, fully up to date.

Did an upgrade to F17 via the F17 DVD.

Now all the system fonts are messed up, size wise.  All of them are way
too large.

On the session login screen, for example, the font size in the Username
and Password fields are so big that the letters overflow the height of
the box.

This problem exists everywhere in the session where system fonts are used.

Application fonts seem to be fine and are easily adjusted with
KDE->System Settings-> Application Appearance -> Fonts.

I cannot figure out where to adjust the size of the system fonts.

I have half a dozen Linux systems running F17, all upgraded via the DVD
and this is the only one with this problem.

What do I do to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance.