How do I change to NFS version 3 so that other UNIX variants may access my NFS share on my Fedora 17?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Nov 10 17:58:52 UTC 2012

Frank Elsner wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:09:48 -0500 Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Frank Elsner wrote:

>>>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>                       was never used in Fedora
>>>
>>> On my server /etc/sysconfig/nfs starts with
>>>
>>> # Define which protocol versions mountd
>>> # will advertise. The values are "no" or "yes"
>>> # with yes being the default
>>> #MOUNTD_NFS_V2="no"
>>> #MOUNTD_NFS_V3="no"
>>> MOUNTD_NFS_V3="yes"
>>>    ..
>>> # Optional arguments passed to rpc.nfsd. See rpc.nfsd(8)
>>> # Turn off v2 and v3 protocol support
>>> #RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 3"
>>> # RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2"
>>> # Turn off v4 protocol support
>>> #RPCNFSDARGS="-N 4"
>>> RPCNFSDARGS="-N 2 -N 4"
>>>
>>> HTH, Frank
>>>
>> What release is that? I don't see that on fc16 or RHEL6. (or fc17, for that matter).
> This if from Fedora 14 (my server) and it also exists on Fedora 17 (not used because it is
> a client). You may also want to look at /etc/nfsmount.conf on your client.

Thanks, I meant the content in that format was not present, the file is there.
Sorry that wasn't clear. It appears the NFS3 is supported by the server, at
least through fc16, but the default mount is nfs4 unless the "-t nfs" option is
used for the mount command. Why this mount doesn't work as desired with AIX
client is unclear.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
   We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have