mp4 video to AMV 160x120

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 11 17:43:01 UTC 2012

Am 11.11.2012 17:47, schrieb lee:
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> writes:

>>> FYI, the ffmpeg supplied from rpmfusion-free does not support amv format.
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -formats shows the list of formats.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMV_video_format seems to point to amv
>> being supported in ffmpeg. (it seems amv is an mp4 variant, so they
>> are only slightly missleading about the mp4 support)
>>
>> and http://code.google.com/p/amv-codec-tools/wiki/HowToConvertToAMV
>> seems to supply how to use ffmpeg to convert.
>>
>> So I tried what is in the f16 repo and it did not work:
>>
>> Requested output format 'amv' is not a suitable output format
>
> Perhaps you need to compile your own version of ffmpeg; amv support
> could be a compile-time option that wasn't enabled when they compiled it
> for Fedora?

a optimized ffmpeg-build supporting any codec
is done here with the SPEC below

CAUTION:
this is a x86_64 build only becasue i686 does not exist in myworld

[builduser at buildserver:~]$ cat /rpmbuild/SPECS/ffmpeg.spec
Source0:           ffmpeg-%{version}.tar.bz2
BuildRoot:         %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
BuildRequires:     bzip2-devel
BuildRequires:     dirac-devel
BuildRequires:     faac-devel
BuildRequires:     faad2-devel
BuildRequires:     gsm-devel
BuildRequires:     imlib2-devel
BuildRequires:     lame-devel
BuildRequires:     libtheora-devel
BuildRequires:     libvdpau-devel
BuildRequires:     libvorbis-devel
BuildRequires:     openjpeg-devel
BuildRequires:     schroedinger-devel
BuildRequires:     SDL-devel
BuildRequires:     texi2html
BuildRequires:     x264-devel
BuildRequires:     xvidcore-devel
BuildRequires:     zlib-devel
BuildRequires:     opencore-amr-devel
BuildRequires:     libvpx-devel
BuildRequires:     librtmp-devel
BuildRequires:     opencv-devel
BuildRequires:     freetype-devel
BuildRequires:     yasm
Requires:          sh-utils
Requires(preun):   systemd-units
Requires(postun):  systemd-units
Obsoletes:         qt-faststart

%description
FFMpeg is a complete and free Internet live audio and video
broadcasting solution for Linux/Unix. It also includes a digital
VCR. It can encode in real time in many formats including MPEG1 audio
and video, MPEG4, h263, ac3, asf, avi, real, mjpeg, and flash.

%package        libs
Group:          System Environment/Libraries

%description    libs
FFMpeg is a complete and free Internet live audio and video
broadcasting solution for Linux/Unix. It also includes a digital
VCR. It can encode in real time in many formats including MPEG1 audio
and video, MPEG4, h263, ac3, asf, avi, real, mjpeg, and flash.
This package contains the libraries for %{name}

%package        devel
Group:          Development/Libraries
Requires:       %{name}-libs = %{version}-%{release}
Requires:       pkgconfig

%description    devel
FFMpeg is a complete and free Internet live audio and video
broadcasting solution for Linux/Unix. It also includes a digital
VCR. It can encode in real time in many formats including MPEG1 audio
and video, MPEG4, h263, ac3, asf, avi, real, mjpeg, and flash.
This package contains development files for %{name}

%prep
%setup -q -n ffmpeg-%{version}

%build
mkdir generic
pushd generic
../configure \
 --prefix=/usr \
 --bindir=/usr/bin \
 --datadir=/usr/share/ffmpeg \
 --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg \
 --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
 --mandir=/usr/man \
 --arch=x86_64 \
 --extra-cflags="-I/usr/include -O3 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7 -mmmx -msse2 -msse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -fopenmp
-mfpmath=sse -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions" \
 --extra-ldflags="-I/usr/include -L/usr/lib64" \
 --enable-nonfree \
 --enable-gpl \
 --enable-version3 \
 --enable-libopencore-amrnb \
 --enable-libopencore-amrwb \
 --enable-libdirac \
 --enable-libfaac \
 --enable-libgsm \
 --enable-libmp3lame \
 --enable-libopenjpeg \
 --enable-libschroedinger \
 --enable-libtheora \
 --enable-libvorbis \
 --enable-libx264 \
 --enable-libxvid \
 --enable-libvpx \
 --enable-librtmp \
 --enable-libfreetype \
 --enable-libopencv \
 --enable-shared \
 --enable-runtime-cpudetect \
 --disable-static \
 --disable-libspeex \
 --disable-amd3dnow \
 --disable-amd3dnowext \
 --disable-protocol=gopher \
 --disable-debug \
 --disable-doc \
 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64

make %{?_smp_mflags}
make documentation
popd
CURRENT_DIR=`pwd`
mkdir -p %{buildroot}/usr/bin/
gcc $CURRENT_DIR/tools/qt-faststart.c -o qt-faststart

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
pushd generic
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
popd
install -D -m0755 qt-faststart "%{buildroot}/%{_bindir}/qt-faststart"

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%post libs -p /sbin/ldconfig

%postun libs -p /sbin/ldconfig