Please add libreCAD to the Fedora repositories.

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Nov 11 19:40:09 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 10:25 PM, Steve wrote:
> I request that libreCAD be added to the Fedora repositories.
> http://librecad.org/cms/home.html
>
> libreCAD is the take over of what used to be QCAD.    QCAD has been
> forked into a closed source application and work on the open source
> application appears to have ceased.
>
> The libreCAD team has been doing an admiral job of enhancing the
> application.   I ran the most recent versions of 1.x on and off for the
> last couple months and recently upgraded to version 2.0.0 "alpha", which
> runs surprisingly well for something called "alpha". By comparison, I
> lost a significant amount of work running the last released open source
> version of QCAD.

I was really stoked to hear about this, but then I tried to compile it
on F17 and had no luck.

It bombs saying:

Cannot open
/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/imgs/LibreCADicon.png.
scripts/postprocess-unix.sh: line 28: lrelease: command not found
cp: cannot stat `*.qm': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [../../unix/librecad] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad'
make: *** [sub-librecad-make_default-ordered] Error 2

Too bad, I was really hoping for a good CAD program for Linux.