Please add libreCAD to the Fedora repositories.

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Nov 11 22:36:09 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 02:05 PM, Craig Goodyear wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 01:40 PM, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> On 11/06/2012 10:25 PM, Steve wrote:
>>> libreCAD is the take over of what used to be QCAD.    QCAD has been
>>> forked into a closed source application and work on the open source
>>> application appears to have ceased.
>>>
>>> The libreCAD team has been doing an admiral job of enhancing the
>>> application.   I ran the most recent versions of 1.x on and off for the
>>> last couple months and recently upgraded to version 2.0.0 "alpha", which
>>> runs surprisingly well for something called "alpha". By comparison, I
>>> lost a significant amount of work running the last released open source
>>> version of QCAD.
>>
>> I was really stoked to hear about this, but then I tried to compile it
>> on F17 and had no luck.
>>
>> It bombs saying:
>>
>> Cannot open
>> /home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/imgs/LibreCADicon.png.
>>
>> scripts/postprocess-unix.sh: line 28: lrelease: command not found
>> cp: cannot stat `*.qm': No such file or directory
>> make[2]: *** [../../unix/librecad] Error 1
>> make[2]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/src'
>> make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad'
>> make: *** [sub-librecad-make_default-ordered] Error 2
>>
>> Too bad, I was really hoping for a good CAD program for Linux.
>>

> I was able to compile the source tar file on Fedora 17 x86_64.  I had to
> install qt-devel, muParser and muParser-devel.  Then run "qmake-qt4
> librecad.pro" and "make"

I installed the muparser RPMs as well, but still got warnings about it.
<shrug>

I wound up trying again today and I had to:

ln -s
/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/img
/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/imgs

and then

cp
/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/img/librecadlogo.png
/home/tcameron/Downloads/LibreCAD/LibreCAD-master/librecad/support/doc/imgs/LibreCADicon.png

Then it compiled.

TC