network manager has gone crazy

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Nov 12 10:13:43 UTC 2012

Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 01:04:07 +0100,
>   lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>>
>>No, I'm not using DHCP, and the cables are fine.  I have a theory about
>>what it might be, though.  Is "system-config-network" related to
>>networkmanager, or is it something else?
>
> Network manager does use the ifcfg files (unless they are flagged to
> not be used by network manager) that can be modified using
> system-config-network.

How do you change that with system-config-network?  I didn't see any
checkbox for it in the interface I was presented with.

Networkmanager either uses something else or is very buggy.  If it
didn't or wasn't, it would not keep overwriting /etc/resolv.conf with
incorrect data.  The ifcfg-* files have the "NM_CONTROLLED=yes" option.

--
Fedora 17