Fedora support for laplets

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Nov 12 21:39:53 UTC 2012

Lailah wrote:

> El dom, 11-11-2012 a las 11:53 -0500, Bill Davidsen escribió:
>> I see a lot of vendors are putting out hybrid tablet-laptops with a touch screen
>> which flips, and traditional keyboard, which can be used in a number of ways,
>> including as a tablet. Has anyone gotten experience with using Fedora on such a
>> machine, and if so how (if at all) was the touch feature supported?
>>
>> I've seen reasonably nice units from Dell and Lenovo, but no nice salespeople
>> who would let me boot them from thumb drive.
>>
>> --
>> Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com  <mailto:davidsen at tmr.com>>
>>     "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
>> the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot
>

> Hello!
>
>              I don't know if there's any kind of support for touchscreen.  My
> experience in Fedora is with netbooks.  And you see, if you can install or at
> least boot a Fedora, you will take care of battery consumption.  It is a problem
> in my portable devices with Fedora. :-|

I get about eight hours from my ASUS netbook, which has a D510 (dual core smt)
processor. First portable I normally take without a charger, it's never let me
down yet, including seven hours running a book reader in an airport.

But the idea of touch is interesting, some things really lend themselves to that
user interface. I can't do without real keyboard, but for a few things I would
like the touch. I hear Ubuntu runs Android under Linux, maybe there's a solution
there.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>