Using mock with --scm-enable and external spec file

dexter dex.mbox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:28:53 UTC 2012

On 11 November 2012 01:38, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I mentioned in another thread that I have been trying to build git
> snapshots for a few packages I use.  I tried mock's --scm-enable option
> to get the packages from git.  The spec file in the repository is buggy,
> so I would like to use the spec file used for Fedora builds with small
> modifications, however that seems to be not possible.
>
> Am I wrong, or did I miss something?

Errm you missed something :-)
man mock should be your first point of call this should point you to
/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg
from there you can concoct a command like:
mock --scm-enable --scm-option git_get='git clone SCM_BRN
git://localhost/SCM_PKG.git SCM_PKG' \
--scm-option spec=path/to/my.spec
more options are in the cfg file oh btw I ain't tried it :-)

   ...dex